2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship for Postgraduate Apply Now
Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters, PhD)
Country to Study in: Any country
Scholarship Description for 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship
As part of its Human Resource Development initiatives, NDDC is embarking on its 2017 Foreign Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme for Nigerians from the Niger Delta region.
The goal of this scholarship scheme is to equip Niger Deltans (i.e. Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross river, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo, Rivers) with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the Local Content programme of the current Administration as well as compete globally in various professional fields.
The scholarship scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelors and/or Masters degrees from recognized universities and higher institutions.
Eligibility (General Conditions)
- First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
- Applicants must have gained Admission into a Post Graduate Programme in any of the under-listed disciplines in a foreign University.
- Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas\’ universities are NOT eligible to apply.
- Guarantor\’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan:
- Member of National Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA.
- First class traditional ruler.
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall NOT be considered for the award.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service.
- Applicants must have a valid Admission Letter from a Foreign University.
Eligible groups for 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship
Citizens of Nigeria from the nine (9) Niger delta states:
Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross river, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo, Rivers.
Fields of Study for 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship
The Scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
- Medical Sciences (M.Sc. Public Health Excluded)
- Computer Science/Technology
- Environmental Sciences
- Environmental or Gas/Oil Law
- Project Management
Number of awards
Several will be awarded; although no number is specified by NDDC
For the whole duration of the course program
This is a FULL-fee scholarship. Therefore, all fees and expenses will be paid
Method of Application for 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship
Application must be made online at the Commission’s website (www.nddc.gov.ng). All applications must be accompanied with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government identification letter.
- Post Graduate (PG) admission letter from Overseas University.
- Relevant Degrees from recognized University.
- NYSC Discharge Certificate
Successfully completed application form will be assigned a registration number automatically. Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference. Please ensure that the size OF all uploaded documents and certificates does not exceed 50kb.
It is important to visit the official NDDC scholarship website (link to it is below) for complete information, and to access the online application portal for both the Masters and PhD applications.
All completed applications must be submitted on or before Friday, 27th May, 2017
All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website.
The Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC is a Federal Government aganey established in 2000 with the sole mandate of developing the oil-rich Niger Delta region of Southern Nigeria, and a mission of facilitating the region\’s rapid, even and sustainable development into an economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful region.
For further enquiries, please contact:
The Director, Education Health and Social Services (NDDC);
Mobile: 08034534598, 084668158;
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
NDDC OFFICE HEADQUARTERS ADDRESS:
167 Aba Road, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Application Deadline: 27 May 2017
Open for International Applicants: No (ONLY Nigerians)