Canterbury University Offering International Students Scholarship for 2017/2018 Session This scholarship recognises and supports top-achieving international students commencing an undergraduate degree programme at the University of Canterbury.
Canterbury University Offering International Students Scholarship for 2017/18 Session
Deadline: August 15, 2017.
The University of Canterbury in Christchurch is New Zealand’s second oldest university. It was founded in 1873 as Canterbury College, the first constituent college of the University of New Zealand. Its original campus was in the central city, but in 1961 when it became an independent university it also began moving out of its original neo-gothic buildings, which were re-purposed as the Christchurch Arts Centre. The university now operates its main campus in the suburb of Ilam and offers degrees in Arts, Commerce, Education (physical education), Engineering, Fine Arts, Forestry, Health Sciences, Law, Music, Social Work, Speech and Language Pathology, Science, Sports Coaching and Teaching.
Location: New Zealand
- The scholarship is currently awarded with values of $10,000, $15,000 or $20,000.
- Up to twenty-five scholarships may be awarded.
- Recipients must be full-fee-paying international students and may not be citizens of New Zealand or Australia, or holders of New Zealand residence class visas.
- Applicants must be completing, or have completed on or after 1 January of the year before the year of application, a university entrance-level qualification that permits entry into a UC undergraduate degree programme (see regulations for details).
- Such students who are undertaking, or have completed, a programme at the UC International College are eligible to apply.
The scholarship may not be held by students who:
- have already undertaken partial study in an undergraduate degree programme at a New Zealand tertiary institution; or
- have applied for Transfer of Credit from a New Zealand tertiary institution to an undergraduate degree programme at UC.
- Candidates must have applied for admission to the University by 15 August in the year prior to their intended first year of enrolment at the University
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Application Deadline for Canterbury University Scholarship: August 15, 2017