Rotary Foundation Global Scholarships and Training Grants for International Development
Course(s) Offered: Any six areas of focus
Course Level: Graduate (masters, phd), Projects, Training
Provider: The Rotary Foundation
Country to Study in: Any Country
Beginning from 2013-14 and onwards, the Rotary Foundation will offer scholarship opportunities through the Rotary Foundation Global Grants only. The former Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarship program ended in 2012-13, and the new Rotary Foundation Global Grants program (outlined below) commenced thereafter.
The Rotary Global Grants may be used (for Students, Projects and Vocations) to fund and support humanitarian projects, scholarships for graduate academic studies, AND vocational training opportunities in any approved location in the world.
Eligibility/ General criteria
The Rotary Foundation District Grants and Rotary Foundation Global Grants support a wide variety of humanitarian and educational activities in local communities and abroad.
Applicants may NOT be:
- a Rotarian;
- an employee of a club, district, or any other Rotary entity, or of Rotary International;
- the spouse, a lineal descendant, or an ancestor (parent or grandparent by blood) of any person in the forgoing two categories.
Applicants must study outside of their home country. Applicants must provide proof of university admission to a graduate-level program or letter of invitation to conduct postgraduate-level research when applying for the grant. Admission that requires a guarantee of financial support is acceptable. An applicant’s previous work or volunteer experience, academic program, and career plans should be strongly aligned with one of the six areas of focus.
Activities under Global grants should align with one or more of Rotary’s areas of focus, must be sustainable and measurable (i.e. How will a scholar’s studies support one or more of the areas of focus?), and should stem from real community needs.
For complete eligibility criteria, please refer to the scholarship page of the Rotary Club/District’s where you intend to apply.
Non-members of Rotary sponsored/nominated by a Rotary Club OR Members of Rotary Clubs in Selected Districts (found in about 70 countries)
Participating Institutions of Rotary Foundation Global Scholarships and Training Grants for International Development
Any approved University located in a qualifying country, outside of the applicant’s home country
Fields of study
Global Grants can be used to fund scholarships with sustainable, high-impact outcomes in one of Rotary’s six areas of focus:
- Peace and conflict prevention/resolution
- Disease prevention and treatment
- Water and sanitation
- Maternal and child health
- Basic education and literacy
- Economic and community development
Number of awards
Not specified by provider
Academic studies for a term of one to four academic years
Scholarship benefits of Rotary Foundation Global Scholarships and Training Grants for International Development
The minimum budget for a global grant activity is $30,000. The Foundation’s World Fund provides a minimum of $15,000 and maximum of $200,000.
The scholarship can fund the following:
Passport/visa, Inoculations, Travel expenses (as specified in the grant terms and conditions), School supplies, Tuition, Room and board, Household supplies, Language training courses (but not if university admission is contingent on improvement of language skills). Most personal and miscellaneous expenses are not covered by the scholarship funding.
Generally, the Global grants may be used for:
- Humanitarian projects:
provided that they:
- Support the goals of one or more of the areas of focus
- Produce measurable outcomes in the benefiting community
- Achieve results that can be sustained after the grant funds have been expended
- Have been developed in conjunction with the benefiting community to address their most pressing needs
- Seek to address community needs in an integrated manner
- Scholarships funding for academic studies
: provided that they:
- Fund graduate-level study that relates to one or more of the areas of focus
- Fund studies for a term of one to four academic years
- Sponsor the academic studies of an individual traveling from the international sponsor district to the host sponsor district
- Vocational training opportunities: support vocational training teams, which are groups of professionals traveling abroad to either learn more about their profession or teach local professionals about a particular field.
Method of Application for Rotary Foundation Global Scholarships and Training Grants for International Development
The application involves a two-step online process: a Proposal and an Application.
You can contact the Rotary clubs in your respective local areas/countries (using the Rotary Club Locator) to inquire on how to be sponsored for the grant. Scholars must submit individual applications to supplement the overall grant application. Each Rotary Club/District might have its own specific timeline.
It is important to read the \’Rotary Grants Terms and Conditions\’ (available on the official website) and visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete details on how to apply for the global scholarship grants.
Each Rotary Club/District might have its own specific timeline. Thus, Rotary Foundation Global Grant applications will be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Global grant scholarship applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year but applications should be submitted at least three months before the scholar’s intended departure date to allow adequate time for Foundation review and processing.
Rotary started with the vision of one man—Paul P. Harris – a Chicago attorney who formed one of the world’s first service organizations, the Rotary Club of Chicago, on 23 February 1905.
Application Deadline: Rolling (varies / ongoing)
KINDLY JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP TO GET UPDATE ABOUT THE SCHOOLS,SCHOLARSHIPS AND JOB UPDATES Click Here To Join
KINDLY DOWNLOAD OUR ANDROID APP TO GET UPDATE ABOUT THE SCHOOLS,SCHOLARSHIPS AND JOB UPDATES CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
Open to International Applicants: Yes