RusselSmith Group Recruitment for Graduates 2017 Apply Now
RusselSmith Group Recruitment is an ISO 9001:2008 certified asset candour administration casework aggregation congenital to serve the needs of the all-around oil and gas analysis and assembly industry, application braiding admission technology as our arch average of access.
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal and Compliance Officer
Job Reference Code: PPM010
Job Type: Full-Time
Summary of Functions
- Reviews, revises and initiates policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance scheme and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Monitors the day-to-day operation of the scheme.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Director, O&HPM informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting (a) heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct, and (b) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Reviewing and or drafting contractual agreements with employees, contractors, consultants, vendors and customers
- Dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders.
- Collaborates with other departments (e.g., Finance, QHSE & Government Relations) to ensure compliance to applicable statutory laws & regulatory requirements.
- Under the supervision of the Director, O&HPM, deals with personnel legal issues and consults with the external attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Assists with overseeing the system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Deputizes as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain and stay abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- A university degree in legal is preferred.
- Professional certification is an added advantage
- Good people management and relationship skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills
- Good presentation skills, team spirit and project management skills
- Good organizational and administrative skills
- Good reasoning skills and multi-tasking skills
- Familiarity with statutory laws and regulations is required
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
- Understanding of business practices and corporate governance
- Possess diplomacy, meticulous, intuitive and attentive to detail
- Proficiency in applicable Microsoft Office Tools
- Good communication skills (written/verbal)
- Occasional travel by airplane and automobile in conducting business is necessary. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
- Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor.
How to Apply for RusselSmith Group Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Thank you for reading RusselSmith Group Recruitment for Graduates 2017 Apply Now please share to your friends and also subscribe to our feed and like our Facebook fans page.