UNICEF Graduates Recruitment 2017 For 70 years Apply Now
The United international locations children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in a hundred ninety international locations and territories to sell kids’ survival, safety and improvement. The sector’s largest issuer of vaccines for developing nations, UNICEF helps child health and
nutrition, desirable water and sanitation, high-quality basic education for all boys and women, and the protection of kids from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded totally via the voluntary contributions of individuals, groups, foundations and governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication Development Consultant
Job Number: 504675
Locations: Maiduguri, Borno and Yobe
Work Type: Consultancy
Scope of work
- A C4D Consultant based in Maiduguri Field Office to support the implementation of the C4D component of the ECHO project in both Borno and Yobe States.
- The position is expected to last for seven months (May to December 2017). The deliverables are articulated under item No.6 below.
Programme ID & Specific Project Involved:
- Strengthening Access to Basic Education and Child Protection for Conflict Affected Children in Lake Chad Region.
General Project Objective to which the Consultancy is related:
- To strengthened the protective environment for children in affected communities through facility based and community based interventions.
- Enabling boys and girls in NE Nigeria affected by the armed conflict acquire increased access to quality, inclusive and equitable education in a protective environment.
Major Tasks to be accomplished)
Under the supervision of the Chief of Field Office, the technical guidance of C4D Specialists and Education Specialists overseeing the project, the following roles shall be performed by the C4D Consultant:
- Develop communication strategy aiming at children specifically girls in the targeted areas in consultation with UNICEF, MoE, and community and radio journalist.
- Translate the strategy into practice through measurable work plan.
- Implement the activities in the work plan with the agreed time frame.
- Monitor and report results outputs.
- Review the communication including IEC materials and integrated lessons learnt into the communication strategy.
- Develop communication products messaging the importance of girls education using faith based resources and culturally appropriate communication
- Maintain proper documentation.
Co-ordination and Partnerships:
- Co-ordinate with other sections of UNICEF including Child Protection, Procurement and Logistic that are involved in the project to ensure seamless implementation, keeping in view the mandate of the C4D component
- Fully participate in decision making processes relating to the project in the field office and in the two project states of Borno and Yobe, ensuring timely feedback
- Maintain oversight over persons that may be engaged to implement any aspect of the C4D component in the field office and in the implementing states.
- Liaise with the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) on the development of strategies and communication products, proposals, implementation of planned activities and timely retirement of funds advanced.
- Strengthen existing partnerships with the media, community, School Based Management Committees, Parent-Teachers’ Associations and other stakeholders, to make them work for the realisation of programme results for out of school children, especially girls.
Monitoring and Supervision:
- Develop and operate an effective system for monitoring the actual implementation of C4D component of the project to ensure that standards are maintained.
- Develop result based reporting for all activities implemented directly by UNICEF and coordinate with partners for timely quality reporting as well as provide timely quality inputs for donor reporting.
- Follow up on quick submission and prompt review of reports from SUBEB, the media and other parties that may be engaged to implement any aspect of the C4D component.
Work Plans and Updates:
- Develop a work plan with monthly deliverables in consultation with the Chief of Field Office, and through the C4D Specialist in the Country Office overseeing the project with the C4D Manager.
- Provide weekly updates on progress to the Chief of Field Office and through the C4D Specialist to the C4D Manager
- Perform any other role that may be assigned by the Chief of Field Office, the C4D Specialist or their assigned representatives.
- Prepare a report at the end of the project outlining key activities undertaken, challenges, lessons learnt and recommendations
- Submit monthly reports to C4D Manager including data on ECHO project activities copying Education Manager
- Submit monthly workplan /travel plan
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required
- An advance Degree in mass communication, social sciences, humanities, Education or related disciplines
- Familiarity with North East Education and emergency context
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Experiencing in using Excel and MSWord
- Minimum of 5 years working experience
- Work experience in communication, advocacy, social mobilization and community engagement
- Knowledge of use of social medi
Estimated time of consultancy and deadline for submission of end product:
- The estimated time of the consultancy is seven months.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 26th May, 2017.
Thank you for reading UNICEF Graduates Recruitment 2017 For 70 years Apply Now please share to your friends and also subscribe to our feed and like our Facebook fans page.