United Nations Development Programme Recruitment 2017 | Apply for UNDP Ongoing Recruitment.
United Nations Development Programme Recruitment 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Programme Assistant
Job ID: 12727
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Contract Duration: Initial duration of 1 year
- Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Country Director, the Programme Assistant ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Country Director’s and Deputy Country Director (Programmes) offices.
- He/she maintains full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made and undertaking office administeration and program support function on the CD/DCD-Program’s office.
- The Programme Assistant works in close collaboration with the Front Office, and Programme and Operations teams, UN Agencies and national authorities to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions, agendas.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Effective and efficient functioning of the Country Director’s and Deputy Country Director (Programmes) offices
- Effective communications and administrative support to the office
- Facilitation of knowledge building and management
Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Country Director’s and Deputy Country Director (Programmes) office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Management of the office, ensuring an environment of professionalism and teamwork at all times, and setting exemplary standards of conduct for the CO team;
- Screening of all incoming communications, filter outgoing correspondence for supervisor’s signature, clearance and further action by other staff; wherever possible.
- Adherence to appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines by CO team when communicating with Government and other external partners;
- Use of automated office management system
- Efficient and discreet management of the schedules
- Organization of regular and ad-hoc meetings; preparation of minutes and summaries of actions to be taken; tracking of progress on planned issues; follow-up with focal points.
Ensures provision of effective communications and administrative support to the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system.
- Draft routine correspondence, interoffice circulars, general briefing notes, documents, reports, and minutes of meetings when requested, translations when required;
- Administration of travel, meetings, appointments and briefings of Country Director/Deputy Country (Programme). Including drafting of background notes.
- Maintenance of Teams’ status reports, best practices, lessons learned, publishing on section intranet and compiling of information for resource mobilization and communications officers.
- Support to organization of advocacy events if required
- Coordination of the information flow in the office and dissemination of corporate and interoffice communication to staff as required.
- Facilitation of information sharing with Management Support, and Programme and Operations Teams. United Nations Development Programme Recruitment
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the Country Director.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of trainings for UNDP staff on coordination, administration and protocol issues. United Nations Development Programme Recruitment
Impact of Results
- The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the Country Director’s and Deputy Country Director (Programmes) offices. Accurate analysis and presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the Country Director’s office and promotes the image of UN/UNDP as an effective contributor to the development of the country. Incumbent’s own initiative is decisive in results of work and timely finalization.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- To display high levels of professionalism, intergrity.
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- Shares knowledge and experience
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to perform a broad range of activities aimed at effective and efficient functioning of Country Director’s office, including data/ schedule management, maintenance of protocol, information flow and performance tracking
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new data management systems, act to support programme and operational processes in the offices.
Leadership and Self-Management:
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized administration, development and office management.
- University Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Administration , Management or Development or relevant field would be desirable .
- 5 years of progressively responsible secretarial, administrative, international development, programme management experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel), and handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency (both written and spoken) in English.
- Ability to communicate in at least one national language
How to Apply for United Nations Development Programme Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 6th November, 2017.