UNN Postgraduate Admission Form 2017/2018 Session is Out
GENERAL ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Candidates for admission into any postgraduate programme of the University must have obtained 5 credits at not more than two sittings in WASC or GCE or NECO or NABTEB including English Language. Candidates shall also possess the minimum entry requirements for admission into the first degree and postgraduate programmes in their areas of interest for postgraduate studies.
- Graduates of the University of Nigeria or other recognized Universities who possess the above qualifications are eligible to apply.
- For the PGD in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Architecture, only candidates with University degrees in relevant areas need apply.
UNN Postgraduate Admission Form
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- Holders of Credit (Upper credit) level passes at HND or its equivalent in relevant areas (for programmes in the Faculties of Agriculture and Business Administration; the Departments of Political Science, Public Administration & Local Government; and Vocational Teacher Education; and for Postgraduate Diploma in Electoral Administration Programme). Qualifications such as AIB, ACCA, ACMA, ICAN, BEEC, CPA, etc may also be considered for admission. UNN Postgraduate Admission Form
- Candidates with professional qualifications including HND must have obtained 5 credits in WASC or GCE O/L including English and Mathematics for admission into degree courses in Business Administration.
- For Postgraduate Diploma in Geoinformatics & Surveying in particular, candidates with third class honours degrees in Geography, Geology and other Physical Sciences, HND Upper Credit level passes in related fields, are also eligible.
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above which are acceptable to the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate of the University, may also be considered for admission.
MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES
The following shall qualify for Master’s Degree admission:
- Graduates of the University of Nigeria or of other recognized universities who have obtained the Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines with at least a second class honours with not less than 2.50 GPA;
- Candidates with relevant Postgraduate Diplomas from the University of Nigeria or any other recognized university with at least credit level passes with a minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 5-point scale or 3.0 on 4-point scale;
- Candidates whose first degrees are unclassified but have scores of 50% or above;
- For M.Ed. degree programmes, candidates with at least a good second class single honours degree in teaching subjects plus at least a merit level pass at Postgraduate Diploma in Education, or those who hold a third class honours degree in teaching subjects plus Postgraduate Diploma in Education passed at credit level or above;
- For MPA degree programme, candidates should, in addition to (i) and (ii) above, be serving administrative / managerial staff in the Public or Private sector with a at least two years post-qualification cognate experience;
- Holders of professional Fellowship qualifications such a FIMLT, FNILT, NIPR, or their equivalents obtained through examination. However, candidates with the professional certificates listed above must have worked as Senior Technologist(s) or in equivalent position(s) for at least three years;
- For MPH degree programme, candidates should in addition to (i) above, have at least three years relevant post qualification experience or at least a Second Class Honours degree in Nursing Sciences, Sociology and Social Work, Psychology, Medical Mircobiology, Medical Biochemistry, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Health Education, Pharmacy, DVM, MBBS and BDS. For MPH Degree Programe, the Department will screen the candidates further and base their recommendation on such screening result.
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than those listed above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University of Nigeria.
DOCTORATE DEGREE (Ph.D.) PROGRAMMES
Candidates from the University of Nigeria or from other recognized Universities who have obtained Master’s degree appropriate for the proposed areas of study shall qualify for Doctorate Degree admission. Specifically:
- A minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 5-point scale is required for admission into Ph.D programme in all Departments except those departments listed in below: UNN Postgraduate Admission Form
- A minimum GPA of 4.0 on a 5-point scale is required for admission into Ph.D programme in the following Departments/Faculties: Music, Economics, Psychology, Education, Medical Sciences, and Health Sciences & Technology.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale or a B (60%) average provided that satisfactory research work formed part of the Master’s Degree programme.
MASTER’S/Ph.D. DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- A candidate with first class honours from a recognized University may be admitted into a Master’s/Ph.D. programme in his/her discipline.
- A candidate with Master’s degree from a recognized University with a GPA of 3.50 on 5-point scale or 3.00 on 4-point scale shall qualify for the Master’s/Ph.D in a related area. Any candidate who is not qualified for Ph.D. programme on account of low GPA is still not qualified for admission into Master’s/ Ph.D. programme.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Application Forms can be obtained ONLINE on payment of a non-refundable fee of N25,000.00 (Twenty five thousand naira only) made payable to “The University of Nigeria Postgraduate Application Fees Account, at any bank within the country using the Remita platform.
- Applicants should log on to www.unn.edu.ng and follow the procedures stated below:
- Click on UNN Portal or through this link unnportal.unn.edu.ng.
- Click on PG Application form to generate invoice for payment.
- Use your phone number to generate the invoice. You are advised to use a functional number to enable us reach you for the admission screening test. UNN Postgraduate Admission Form
- Proceed to any Bank with Remita platform for payment.
- Return to the UNN Portal with your payment confirmation pin from the Bank and follow the procedure for completing the form.
Candidates should download 3 copies of the referee report (D1) forms after completing preliminary and personal details online. Some details on the form would be inserted automatically with the information provided by the candidate online while the remaining information should be completed by the referee manually and returned to the candidate who will enclose it in sealed envelope for submission.
NOTICE: Please note that applications would not be processed unless the referees reports are available.
Candidates should download transcript request form (D2) also provided online, and submit same to their former Universities/ Institutions to forward, with a copy of their Academic transcript(s), to “The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka”. Candidates whose transcripts are not received on or before the deadline by the School will not have their application forms processed.
- Most information required would be completed online. However, a copy of the online completed application form should be downloaded and printed. The printed application form with the relevant documents as listed below should be posted or delivered to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, for Nsukka based faculties.
- Candidates for Enugu based faculties are to submit their application forms by post or delivered to: The PAR, School of Postgraduate Unit, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus.
- For ease of reference, Enugu based faculties are: Business Administration; Environmental Studies; Health Sciences & Technology; Medical Sciences; Institute for Development Studies (IDS) and Centre for Environmental Management & Control (CEMAC). Candidates are advised to ensure that the following documents are enclosed in the file:
- NYSC Certificates (Discharge or Exemption or exclusion Certificate). Note that to whom it may concern shall not be accepted.
- Two copies of the Application summary form (D3) available online should be downloaded & printed:
- One copy of the printed summary form (D3) should be glued very neatly (NOT STAPLED) on a brown 10” X 15” envelope;
- The second copy of the printed summary form (D3) should be glued very neatly (NOT STAPLED) on a white 9” X 13” file Jacket;
- All accompanying documents should be placed in the file Jacket, specified in (ii) and the File Jacket should be placed in brown envelope as specified in (i) above.
- d) All documents must fit into the 10” X 15” envelope and delivered or addressed and sent by courier to “The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka” or to the Principal Assistant Registrar, School of Postgraduate Studies Unit, Enugu Campus for Enugu Campus-based postgraduate programme.
Full details of available programmes would be uploaded later. UNN Postgraduate Admission Form